Tuesday, March 15, 2005
On this day:

New York, Craigslist & Starbucks

For those of you that know me, I spent 6 months working in New York City in 2003. I absolutely loved it, and while I was there, I lived by 2 websites: NYTimes and Craigslist. I checked these websites everyday, and still do. Craigslist not so much now because its kinda pointless when you're not living there, but NYTimes is an excellent website. When I do read Craigslist, I always read their best of.

For those of you that haven't heard of Craigslist is one of the best free ads website around. It has everything from jobs, apartments, personals. Basically anything you can imagine. I'd strongly recommend reading the best of. Some of them are truly hilarious. There's actually a Dublin version of Craigslist, but hardly anyone uses it.

The reason I'm talking about this, is because this article in the NYTimes today, reminded me about a rant that made the Craigslist Best Of where the person gave out about ordering a "venti-semi-skimmed-tall-mocha-crappacino" (or something similar). I actually just found it here so you can enjoy it in its full glory instead of me giving a crap and completely unfunny re-hash of it.

I found the article really funny and I can completely identify with the author. I actually go to West Coast Coffee almost everyday for a "grande mocha". I want to order a large chocolate flavoured coffee, but social etiquette forces me to say the above.

While searching for a link to West Coast Coffee, I came across this article which details how Starbucks is coming to Ireland. Looks like the McDonalds of the coffee industry is on the way. It was inevitable really.

So, I gotta get back to work. I might take a break later and go get myself a "grande mocha"!