Sunday, February 13, 2005
On this day:

New Direction

I've been pretty quiet recently on the blogging front, mainly because I've been working a lot lately. And then this weekend, I was just recovering from it all.

It occurred to me over the weekend, that instead of trying to blog regularly about the latest news stories, I should give up on that front because there are a lot of blogs that do this really well. Instead, I'm going to stop blogging about interesting articles I read about and concentrate on blogging about my opinions on certain things that annoy me or that I find interesting. After all, I originally started blogging to do just this, so blogging about articles and current affairs is straying from my aim of blogging.

I'm constantly walking around and seeing all these things pop out at me as an idea for blogging. Hopefully I'll be able to remember all these things and write about them. With work going like it is, its getting harder to read blogs and blog at work. Thankfully I'm not the only one facing this problem as to when to blog.

While there have been many high profile cases of people getting fired for blogging about their employer and saying bad things against them, I wonder do many people get fired or even disciplined for blogging at work? Blogger.com is blocked at work for me, so the only way for me to blog is to e-mail my posts or else type them up at work, and then post them when I get home. Does this constitute misuse of e-mail or internet?

I'm also considering if I should use Movable Type or WordPress. Doing this would involve actually paying money for a hosting company and would involve more time in maintaining it. I'm not sure if I would have the time or the motivation to do this. I wonder what anyones experiences are with making the move from Blogger to MT or WP.

I've noticed that Blogger have also changed the comments. You no longer have to own a Blogger account to comment. And they did this just after I made the change to HaloScan. I'm not sure will I move back or stay where I am.

Well, that's me done for the day.