Tuesday, February 08, 2005
On this day:

When Is Easter?

When anyone ever asked me, when is Easter, I always told them I didnt have a clue. For some reason, it was one of those things that I didnt really care about. When Easter came about, I just accepted it. I never went out of my way to find out, and just waited until it came around, or someone told me to find out. However, thanks to the wonder of the internet, the reasons behind why it changes every year are at my fingertips!

There is an article in today's BBC explaining how the date for Easter is set and it makes some sense, but I'm couldnt be bothered to read it all in depth now. I get the gist of it, but I'm not that interested in Gregorian calendars and the like. But I felt that my massive audience might appreciate the answer to this critical decision!

I also found an article on the US Navy website of all places, which gives an equally in depth reason. For the computer scientists amongst you, it even gives an algorithm to allow you calculate the date for Easter each year! For those who dont know what an algorithm is, they have a handy list of when Easter falls up until 2024 so you can plan your Easter Egg buying.... I mean, so you can plan your celebration of the resurection of Christ!