Monday, March 14, 2005
On this day:

Le weekend!

It wasnt a good weekend for me in sporting terms: Ireland lose to France in the Six Nations and then Spurs lose to Newcastle in the FA Cup Quarter final! Not good!

But on a brighter note, I've confirmed my final day at work - April 1st! No joke, I'm finishing work in Dublin in 12 days time, and not a moment too soon! I've put my room on Daft and the replies have been coming thick and fast. I didnt expect there to be any problem renting the room, but I reckon I could rent it for €50 more if I wanted to. I've had 9 enquiries so far, with each of them very interested. The others in the house will probably prefer a single person, so that rules out 4 people straight away. A shame really, as one Spanish couple seemed really excited about it. But 2 couples in the apartment would probabaly be too much. If any blogger is interested in my room, then preferential treatment may be given! But I reckon, the first person to dole over the cash and give me a deposit gets the room. Thats how I got the place originally - first person to give a deposit.

You may wonder why I'm bothering as I'm leaving so soon, but I collected my eircom broadband modem from the post office today. I got a 2 month free trial, but I'll be lucky to get 3 weeks out of it. I dont care though, its free. I should have got it ages ago, but their sheer incompetence quickly scuppered that one.

I was told I was going to be switched on March 9th, last Wednesday, with my modem to arrive a few days before. On Tuesday, it still hadn't arrived, so I called them up. I was told, they "forgot" to send me a modem! I mean come on! They eventually sent it out, and in fairness, they tried to deliver it Friday, but I wasn't at home. I had ordered a wireless modem, but they have ran out. When I called up Tuesday, my line was actually activated on March 4th, 5 days early! Wow, eircom, early?

So hopefully, my next blog will be from the comfort of my own home using the super dooper eircom broadband (which pales in comparison to DSL in the UK which will soon run at 8MB)