Friday, September 30, 2005
On this day:

My name catches the world attention....yet again!

It's amazing what comes out of blogs. A while back my blog ALMOST got me a mention on CNN This time, something just as weird. Within the last week, I have got 2 e-mails as a result of my blog asking questions about my name. The first one was someone who had seen some actor who's first name was Ciaran, and she wanted to know how it is pronounced. But last night, I got another email from a couple who are expecting a son and want to call him Ciaran, but were unsure of how to pronounce it. They're from the USA and so didn't want to call their son Ciaran, if they didn't know how a "real Irish person" pronounces Ciaran!

I e-mailed them back, and it kind of feels they're naming him after me, but they're not at all. It just happens to be the same name as mine. But Ciaran is a rare name so I feel some attachement! If you type"Ciaran" in Google, my blog comes up as the 9th result, which is kind of cool!

I just looked at my blog stats on StatCounter.com and turns out the couple searched for "pronouce Ciaran", which came up as the second result (because of the CNN post, see above link) The funny thing is, that that actor dude comes up as the first result (see here) with this quote included
"Does anyone know how to pronounce Ciaran?"
and
"Anyone for a Ciaran fan club? No, seriously. He's so tremendously cool."
Unfortunately, it refers to Ciaran Hinds the actor, not me :( But I could have a fan club....somewhere!

On a side note, I'm up to 8,844 hits on my blog. Cool!