Wednesday, September 14, 2005
On this day:

It really annoys me when....

.... people ask for a drink of water! Weird you might say, but let me explain. I was at hockey (of the field variety) last Saturday for a match. I've recently joined Wapping Hockey Club and am really enjoying it. For the last few weeks, its been really hot and humid while playing hockey, so much so, everyone is sweating and getting dehydrated pretty fast.

So to offset this, I always bring a bottle of water for during and after the match. While I was standing around after the game recovering and drinking water, the goalkeeper asked me for a drink. I'm like, tough job you got with all the gear, so have a drink. He was in the middle of taking off the gear, so its fair enough not to make him get his own water. He only took a small drink which was fine. I know the goalkeeper so thats cool, he can have some water. But then this other guy who I've never met before walks up and asks for a drink. I can hardly say no, so I give him a drink. The langer just drank and drank. In fact he finished it. He must have drunk about 1/3 of my water. He was drinking and drinking while I just stood there as he drank my water, that I had carried all the way from my apartment!

When he finished, he just handed it back to me and walked away! I was soooo annoyed. I mean, fair enough, I sometimes ask for a drink to wet my mouth, but I don't gulp down and finish someone's water!

It was weird that this happened, because while I was off during the game on the bench, another guy mentioned that he always notices his 1 litre of water disappears and he hardly gets any himself.

So, basically my question is this: why do people playing sports in hot weather and have suffered the effects of this, still insist on not brining their own? I guess you could talk about similar things in other parts of life, but this one recently affected me and it really annoyed me!

End of rant!