Wednesday, April 27, 2005
On this day:

It Gives Me Great Pleasure To Announce.....

..... that someone has taken up blogging directly as a result of me hassling them to do so! I've been trying (and have failed... so far) with Ashley (you know who you are) but she refuses to budge. I think I was also partially responsible for speading some blogging love to Kellie.

Anyway, I present to you Dan vs The World. He's a good friend that I played volleyball with in 2001 with UCC Volleyball Club. We've kept it touch a good bit, and he actually visited me on his road trip back from Minnesota or somewhere in New Jersey when I was over there doing an internship in the summer of 2003.

I was chatting to him online and was telling him about my blog. I told him he should set up his own one, but he said that no one would be interested in what he does. He's a white American guy living in the land of cultural opposites: Japan, teaching English. And from reading his blog so far, its actually very interesting - reading about his struggles with the Japanese culture.

Not wanting to forget anyone in the shout outs, I want to mention Laura's blog. She actually first introduced me to blogs. Thing is, I've never met her, but I came across her when I was searching for internet cafes in Dublin and came across this post about how she ended up in an internet cafe, instead of going out enjoying Dublin. It gave me the idea to start my own blog. 6 months later here I am, with 2 (almost 3 - Ashley, I'll break you yet) blog referrals under my belt!

If you can, you should take a swing by either Dan's, Kellie's or Laura's blog. Tell them I said hello.