Friday, April 15, 2005
On this day:

I'm Loaded!

Today, for some reason, probably to keep my mind occupied during my days of unemployment, I went into Permanent TSB and Ulster Bank and closed my accounts. For some reason, I opened these accounts when I was young, probably to get some free thing. I never actually used them afterwards. But every so often, I get bank statements from them telling them what pathetic amount of money I have, and the even more pathetic amount of interest I have earned.

So, in a bid to organise my life a bit, I felt I could do without these two accounts. Armed with my passport, as I hadn't a clue of the account numbers and had long since lost the cards, I went into the banks. After much filling out of forms and getting managers authorisation, I eventually closed my accounts. It turns out my Permanent TSB account had actually gone dormant, while my Ulster Bank was considered "inoperative".

After about 30 minutes of queueing up and filling out forms, I walked away a cool €3.23 richer!! Sweet eh? €2.38 from Permanent TSB and the princely sum of 55c from Ulster Bank.

All in all, a very productive day I think!