Wednesday, April 27, 2005
On this day:

Something Handy

While, I'm using Gmail as my main e-mail provider, I still have my Hotmail address because a lot of people still use that one to contact me. Anyway, my friend told me the other night, that there's some hack that allows you upgrade your account to 25MB storage and 10MB attachements. After a month it get increased to 250MB storage. Firstly, its not really a hack, as Hotmail give it to all US accounts. You basically have to change your profile to an American address. And secondly, its still way shorter than Gmail's 2GB and counting (currently at: 2137.104076MB)

I somewhat cautiously tried the hack on my 2nd Hotmail account first should anything go wrong. It went perfect, so still with a little uneasyness I upgraded my main account. It worked a treat! No problems whatsoever. There are number of different sites with the hack here and here which both say exactly the same thing but are reassuring with all the comments.

To think you can buy Hotmail Plus for €19.99 a month for about as much as this free hack, it doesn't make sense to buy it. Anyway, its something handy, so you might as well do it.