Tuesday, April 19, 2005
On this day:

It's Tough Being Unemployed

In spite of my unemployment, I'm still pretty poor at this blogging business. Not having broadband directly connected to me via a drip is an issue. I'm suffering from withdrawl symptoms I think.

Well, I'm not really. Being unemployed is great. I'm enjoying sleeping in until noon everyday and having nothing in particular to do. The fact I'm still getting paid (I had 2 weeks overtime and 1 weeks holidays due to me) makes it even sweeter. I was jokingly thinking of drawing the dole, but I don't think I would stand much chance of getting it because I think you have to prove you've searched for a job. If they looked up my record and saw I quit a good job, it wouldnt look to good.

I went out in Cork at the weekend with some friends, which was good fun. It was nice actually having a life and enjoying myself, rather than having to sell my soul and work crazy hours. Cork is good fun to go out in, and the fact I haven't done it in a while made it great fun. But too much of it is a bad thing. One of my friends said that he's looking forward to a break from Cork too, and I agree with him. Its not the kind of city I could live in long term. Its just too small.

I've actually said the same thing about Dublin, but I think thats because Dublin is full of Cork people. Honestly, every second person from Accenture was from Cork. There was even a joke in the company about it being taken over by the Cork Mafia! My travels in South America will be a welcome break from Ireland. And moving to London will be great. I can't wait actually. Good new job, big city, good money, meeting new people.