Friday, September 09, 2005
On this day:

Guess Who's Back?

So, I've decided after quite a long wait to actually update my blog. God knows how many visitors I've actually lost by my lack of discipline in updating this, but what the hell.

Things have been really busy here in London. I started work here on July 18th and have been kept busy every since. I only got internet access about 2/3 weeks ago, so even if I wanted to, it would have been really difficult to update this blog. But anyway, I'm not going to make excuses, merely update you on my goings on.

I've started back playing hockey with Wapping Hockey club and have been going once a week for the past 3 weeks. I had trials last Saturday with them, which absolutely wrecked me. It was about 25C at 10am with no breeze. Running around for about 3 hours in this, isnt good for you. Not surprisingly, I passed out asleep when I got home at 4pm. It didn't help that I was out until about 1am the previous night and played a hockey match the previous evening.

The other big news is that I bought some inline skates. I splashed out abotu 2 weeks ago and have been getting back into it slowly but surely. The first few times were a little wobbly, but the more I do it, the better I become (funninly enough!) I've been using them going to and from hockey training. What takes about 30 minutes walking, takes only about 10 on skates. Well the last time I timed myself it took 13 minutes, but last night I shaved off 2 minutes (even if I did fall, only for my 2nd time!) Its such a great way to travel. If you have a good head of speed and on a good flat surface, then you just whizz by lowly pedestrians!

But alas, I won't be using them much in the winter. If it rains, then they become lethal. So I'm in the market for a bike. I'm thinking about this one but its expensive enough - £300. But before I hang up the skates for the winter season, I'm going to try out some skating around London. There a number of groups that go around the streets of London every week just for the fun of it. I reckon I might try either the Rollerstroll or Easy Peasy Skate or London Skate this week.

Well, that it from me. I'll be updating it as often as I can, which will hopefully be about once a week, if not more.