Thursday, September 22, 2005
On this day:

Plastic Bags

Ok, so things are a little slow here these days. I've no major news so I've been forced to talk about plastic bags. You accumulate a HUGE amount of them. It's something I've noticed about living in the UK. In Ireland the government put a 15c tax on plastic shopping bags to reduce the number ending up on landfill sites. It's been a huge success, but it's a shame it hasn't started over here yet. They give you bags for everything, even if its just one small item. In our apartment we gathered loads of them, just for them to be thrown out again.

So in my bid to help out, I don't bother with them anymore and just say no thanks. Some people find it a little strange, but I guess they're used to just putting everything in bags. Hopefully they'll catch on here soon enough as it really is a terrible waste.