Friday, September 30, 2005
On this day:

Cricket is actually fun!

Last night I went playing indoor cricket with some people from work. There is a company wide tournament on next week in Lords so we went down last night for some practice on how to to play the game and actually allow me hit a cricket ball, something I've never done before! The rules are a little different too, so it was good to try it out.

So, myself and another guy went batting first. I could try explaining the rules, but they're all here But basically, 8 people on a team. 4 sets of 2 batters and each set of batters face 4 overs (6 or 8 balls in an over) Lee and I scored 30 runs which we thought was quite good. So everyone else went to bat, and our total score was 26! So the next 6 batters managed to score a total of -4! Quite funny really, but I enjoyed it. The real thing happens on Tuesday.

We also got challenged to a a match by another team at work, so that should be fun! I'm not sure is it because England won the Ashes recently that there are loads of people playing cricket now, but all 5 courts last night at the venue were all cricket. Last time I was there, it was all soccer. Typical of the English to jump on the bandwagon!