Sunday, January 09, 2005
On this day:

Firefox

I recently changed over to Firefox as my internet browser. I had already downloaded the beta version a while back and liked it, but a few things annoyed me about it so I just continued to use Internet Explorer. However, they've now released version 1.0 so a few things have been fixed. I downloaded it the other night and I've only been using this. Its very similar to IE, but it has a few cool things such as integrated search facilities for a load of search engines, it uses tabbed browsing which I find handy and a couple of other things. I love all the extra extensions you can get such as a download manager and gmail notifier.

I do have one thing against Firefox. There's a little bug when I'm adding a posting in my blog. From the Create Posting screen, I can press "CRTL + S" to publish the post. However, CRTL + S is also the shortcut to save the page. So when I use the shortcut, it pops up the save as box before publishing the post. Only a little thing that I should get over. Other than that, I love it.

I'd strongly recommend using is so spread the word and donwload it. This is the kind of thing that has spread totally on word of mouth. Also, from reading other blogs, it seems that a high proportion of bloggers use it.

I just checked my blog and it seems that 14% of users have Firefox, with 82% using IE. Quite a good statistic. I'm not sure how many of that 14% is down to me, but still and good statistic none the less.