Thursday, January 06, 2005
On this day:

I'm Alive!!

So just to quash any rumours that I'm dead, I'm just posting a quick message to prove otherwise! Things have been pretty busy in the life of Ciaran recently so I havent been able to post. This combined with the fact I have CRAP ALL internet access makes it next to impossible to do this. So I'm having to e-mail this post, which is mucho-annoying.

Anyway, all is about to change. I got the phone in the apartment reconnected last night, which is done and was very painless. The next step is to get broadband which I thought would be easy. Other people said Eircom were crap, but after the dream phone call last night getting it reconnected (admitedly I was on hold for about 10 minutes) I thought they had it wrong.

However, calling up today and speaking with "yer one" about broadband changed my mind. Their systems werent updated yet, so they couldnt sign me up. I'm going to sign up online so I get a special offer, but surprisingly I couldnt do this at work because the internet is so God damm crap! Anyway, bottom line is that I'll have to wait a few days so their systems get updated and my new phone number is recognised as such before I can get broadband. And also it will take 10 days to get it, unlike the 5 I was told last night! And I cant have it delivered anywhere else other than the billing address. If I wanted to change that, I had to call 1901. To complain about the website (which as it turns out was working fine, but not for me) I had to call Eircom.net. Bottom line is that she could only tell me what was in her script and she didnt want to help me very much except pass the buck.

In summary, Eircom are crap. However, I wont write them off yet. I'll update you on this ongoing saga. Now that I have a phone, I can call friends cheaply, and until I get broadband, I can use dial up, which will be a massive improvement on the shite they call the internet at work!

Adios.

P.S. I'm crazy busy at work. Did 10.5 hours last night and will be doing the same tonight and maybe have to work Saturday!