Tuesday, November 30, 2004
On this day:

Sleep!

Man do I like it. I've been told before I could sleep for Ireland! For the last two weekends, I've got pretty much no sleep. Doing this two weekends in a row has been enough to have me sleep in most mornings. My lastest getting into work last week was 9.45am! Take this morning for instance. I only woke up at about 8.35am, and meant to be in work for 9.00am! I didnt go to volleyball last night because of my injury, so I SHOULD have been in bed early, and have gotten a good night sleep, but I didnt.

Instead, I went to bed at about 12.00am. Still, 8 hours sleep should be more than enough for anyone. But not me! And when I did wake up this morning, it took me about 5-10 minutes to actually get out of bed. In my attempt to get myself up early everyday, I have not one, not two, but three alarms. I have my mobile phone, a little alarm clock and my radio. Still, I managed to turn all these off this morning and go back to sleep.

As it turns out, I made it into work for 9.30am this morning. You see, the place I work at is pretty cool, in that nothing has been said to me about this. Instead, all thats required fo me is to work 37.5 hours a week. Once I do these in a reasonable way, then nothing is said. Today, I can go home at 5.30pm because I only took a 30 minute lunch break. The fact I'm spending the other 30 minutes of my lunch break typing this, and putting it down as actual work is besides the point.

I've managed to save myself from another boring night in an internet cafe. I've started uploading the pictures from the intervarsities at work. I thought it wouldnt work because the internet is so slow, but considering I'm at work for 7.5 hours, even the slowest connection would upload them all. Within an hour or so, all the photographs from the varsities and the rest of the Dirty Weekend, should be online here.

For the observant amongst you, I've finished reading Kilo 17 and have moved onto "Globalization and its discontents" by Joseph Stiglitz It gets 4.3 stars out of 5 on Amazon so hopefully its a good one. It quite long and seems quite intense, but it should be interesting. I'll let you know how it goes.

I added "On This Day" linksat the top of every posting, so you can see what happened on that day according to the BBC, Wikipedia and the History Channel. The instructions for adding this can be found here

Well, duty calls. Better get back to work and actually do some!