Monday, November 29, 2004
On this day:

I Hate Crap Computers!

Well, I hate crap computers! I was at an internet cafe last night uploading the photographs of the intervarsities and chatting to friends online, and then the god damm computer froze on me! I was in the middle of a posting for this when it died. It was a stupid slow Windows 98 that thought about doing everything. I lost possibly the funniest and best ever blog entry in the world EVER! I feel like just giving up now, but something deep inside me is telling me to go on. So I'll "attempt" to recreate my wonderful entry that got deleted.

My weekend was great! I went sightseeing with my friend that came up for the weekend. For those of you waiting with bated (spelt incorrectly?) breath as to whether or not you should come to visit, here's my in-depth review of Dublin: "Good, but not great" We took the Dublin Bus City Tour which was pretty good. Unfortunately, our bus driver "Failte ar bhord, is mise Declan", without any notice burst out into singing some Irish song and was trying to get the whole bus to sing along. To my groans of displeasure, some random Americans attempted to join in, but didnt have a clue of the words or the tune! He was pretty funny and informative, but there isnt a huge amount to be said about Dublin I reckon.

The first major stop of our tour was the Old Jameson Distillery in Smithfield. The tour opened with the guides introducing themselves in Irish. Their pronunciation was pretty shocking and all they said was hello and welcome in Irish, nothing too taxing for them. I'm assuming they just learned it off and couldnt speak a word of Irish, other than that. What completed my slouch in my chair as I regret coming to this was when they said "For those of you who dont know, that was the native Irish language - Gaelic. I welcomed you and introduced myself [as a twit]" I was thinking of just bolting out the door, as things could only get worse, but the lure of a free whiskey at the end of the tour, kept me in that room.

For those of you who know me, I absolutely hate whiskey (Originally "uisce baithe" in Irish, changed to "fuisce" by the English and later became "whiskey" as the introduction video told me! Which by the way was like a video promotion for Bord Fáilte) So, the only thing keeping me there really, was the shame of leaving the tour. Actually, it was pretty good, and the selling of the Irish language as a souvenir was kept to a bearable level. As it turned out, I actually drank the whiskey, all be it totally watered down, and it still didnt taste nice!

The other major stop of the day was the Guinness Storehouse which was excellent. Its a self guided tour, but its actually really well done. The only thing I have against it, is that it isnt Murphys! Still though, the free pint of Guinness (which was pretty poorly poured, considering it was in the place they train people to pour pints and where its brewed) tasted much better than the whiskey. It was pretty much a propaganda museum where they charged you to wear their merchandise, but none the less, probably one of the best tourist attractions in Dublin.

The rest of my weekend, was spent sleeping and not playing volleyball. I went along to a match with UCD Sunday morning against Cork, but there were too many of us there and there werent enough jersies. As it turns out, I'm gonna take a break from volleyball as I've aggrevated my hamstring (thats my excuse for not being first choice on the team!) I'll probably take the next 2 weeks off as there are no matches in the coming weeks.

The highlight of my evening was the internet cafe where I had to deal with CRAP COMPUTERS! Either the guy working there took into account the computer crashed on me, or else he fancied me. Either way, I got a massive €2 discount, making its a sum total of €10 for 2 hours on the internet! I really need to get the internet at my apartment.

Anywho, I better get back and do some work. I must also update my template, as I think the black is a little dull for my loud, bubbly and in your face personality!