Thursday, November 25, 2004
On this day:

Happy Thanksgiving!

Not that I really care or anything, but I suppose I should wish ALL the American people that read my blog a Happy Thanksgiving. I've actually had my most "Thanksgivingish" 4th Thursday of November ever! I went upstairs to the company canteen to see that the entire place was decked out in American flags and bunting. We had the traditional turkey with all the trappings. Even the chefs were wearing American bandanas! The only problem I had with it was it cost €3.25 instead of the usual €2.75. Man that was a bitter pill to swallow. Something that would cost at least €10 anywhere else in Dublin was still a disgusting €3.25 in the company canteen!

Other than that, I love Thanksgiving. I mean it means so much to me! The only background I have to it was told to me last night. Seemingly it was the first dinner the "newbies" in America had with the Indians. And all this happened after some massacre of Indians. (For all of you Americans reading this, feel free to correct my historical summary of Thanksgiving!)

For ALL of you (I say that a lot, don't I?) reading my blog, you'll notice the new and improved blog of mine. I said before that I was looking for a blog that allowed me include what I'm reading, listening to and some links, but I couldnt find anything. Therefore, as a computer genius, I just tinkered with the HTML code and hey presto, I now have a cool section down the right hand side of my page so I can tell the world what I'm reading, listening to or linking to!

Ok, ok. I'm rambling and this is my 2nd post of the day. So, with that, I'm signing off. While millions in America are probably just about to tuck into turkey, I'm heading home from work after a hard day at the office! I really earned my thousands of €uro today I think.

Adios

Ciaran