Monday, January 17, 2005
On this day:

My Moment Of Glory

This morning as I got ready to go to work (I was running a little late, as usual) I was listening to the Ian Dempsey Breakfast Show on Today FM, as I always do. There was a news item on the 8.30am news bulletin that the salads in Pizza Express in the UK are very high in calories, something to the tune of being equivalent to 2 Big Macs. The newscaster said that thankfully they arent in Ireland, which I immediately saw as incorrect.

So, I texted into the show saying that they do exist, but that they are called Milano. After the sports news, my text was read out by Ian Dempsey! He never called out my name though :( They were all really surprised. Thanks to me, Ian Dempsey and his gang as well as all his listeners now know that Pizza Express are called Milano in Ireland.

Anyone who has been to both (as I have) will immediately notice the similarities. I've no idea why they changed the name in Ireland, but they did! Did anyone actually hear that this morning? Probably not. But I'm happy. The world listened to me as I pointed something terribly wrong with the world.

I guess, Milanos will be seeing a drop off in Irish people buying salads! And its all thanks to me!