Saturday, April 02, 2005
On this day:

Pimp My Ride, Cork Style!

I just burst out laughing when I was told about "Sort Me Wheels" on RedFM, a local radio station in Cork. Its a total rip off of Pimp My Ride, from MTV but this is just more ridiculuous. The finalists are a mix of two girls, a middle aged woman, and two old men. But like Evonne, they all would love a an "outrageous sound system, big exhaust, body kit and alloys so that the boy racers wont laugh at her!" I mean, dear God, this is just so sad! Fair enough, have some young knackers wanting their Civic souped up, but having old crusties trying to have their wheels sorted, is just downright stupid!

Dont get me wrong, I like a nice car, such as the BMW 3 Series, with a nice set of alloys or something like that. But why some people would spend about 10 times the value of the car on trying to disguise the fact they're driving a piece of crap is beyond me! Sad sad people.

While researching for this post, I found the Pimped or Wimped section on the MTV Pimp My Ride site. You rate each "ride" based on how cool it is. Its basically the car version of HotOrNot.com. Its hilarious!

I wonder what Xzibit would think of his idea being ripped off? If he was dead, he'd turn in his grave!