Wednesday, November 09, 2005
On this day:

Sport yet again......

Most of my blogs recently have been about sport, and this one is no different. On Tuesday I played yet more cricket with people from work. It's a great way to hang out with people from work outside of the work setting. There were 4 teams of 7, so we had a little tournament.

Anyway, if you've read my previous posts about indoor cricket, you'll know we've always lost and at times gotten beaten really badly! But all changed on Tuesday. We won both matches quite comfortable, scoring 180 runs and conceding about 60 runs in total between the 2 games.

In the first game, we managed to win in spite of the umpire's best attempts to completely and utterly screw up the scores and also his changing of the rules for our fielders to try and even the game. On a few occasions, we had the batsmen out, but because we hadn't thrown or caught it with our left hand, he didn't give it out!

The second game was much better. We scored 98 runs, almost our first century, but we just missed out. The best thing about the second game was when were fielding. Towards the end of the game I tried to make a catch, but it only deflected off my hand. But Ben a team-mate caught it. A few balls later, the exact same thing happened, except Simon caught it. This was beginning to get weird, but got even worse when I did it again and Ben caught my deflected catch.

I just started laughing when it happened the 3rd time. It has never happened me, and then within about 3 minutes, it happened 3 times! Even the opposition even clapped us for that play. I had calls of "Butter fingers" thrown in my direction, but I feel I actually pulled those catches out of the bag and deflected them upwards for a team mate to make an easy catch!

Billy, my flat mate was playing against me in the second game, so anytime we played agains teach other, the play had extra meaning. It was all good fun though. Afterwards we went for a few beers with the other 3 teams. A great evening all around, and more importantly we banished our cricket demons!