Monday, October 24, 2005
On this day:

I need to keep my trap shut

My last post was about the consultancy industry and about my ex-employer who is in this industry. Following my last post, I've received a few comments and an e-mail about the content of my post. I had another post about them too, which wasn't all praise.

So, I would just like to set a few things straight. Thing is, I was only working for them for about 6 months and left because I got a better offer. I was happy staying on working for them for the forseeable future. An opportunity that I couldn't pass up came my way. I didn't leave for any other reason.

They (I wont say who. This is for the benefit of people who read the last post, when it had the company name in it) are actually a really good company and I enjoyed my time there. I don't want to bad mouth an ex-employer because I don't usually say bad things about anything.

I would like to say though, that consultancy isn't for everyone, me included. A number of the comments that I've received have come from recent graduates thinking of working with them. If you are interested in working in the consultancy industry, then they are one of the best companies going. They are really good at what they do (well, to a certain degree!), they pay you well and everyone there is really nice. I had a great time working with really nice people. They do have their problems, but so does every company. It is the consultancy industry in general that I don't like.

If you like what you see, then go for it. I wouldn't like to be reason for anyone to decide not to work with them.

Well that's it. You can ignore this post if you haven't a clue what I'm on about. But I think a few people will make sense of it.